Thursday, October 16, 2008

Revised Video Project


Following the advice of the class, i expanded upon my original idea a bit.

First major change is the tv's widescreen format. I agree that this supports my idea a bit better. I want to figure out how to upscale the video feed itself, if there is even a way.

The best way my idea could be expanded upon is to incorporate more functionality of the tv to convey my idea a bit clearer. Because of this, i added a tv guide. Thanks to someone's suggestion, i implemented the idea of television stations, the tv shows of which all incorporate a synonym of "self," the subject that the individual watches when viewing my project. Some of the synonyms are a bigger stretch than others as far as coherency is concerned. Also some have numbers and suffer a case of "sequel-itis" in regards to showing up repeatedly. This reinforces my original idea of television shows being mostly stale, uninspired, copied, then packaged and repackaged under different names.

4 comments:

Ms. Singleton said...

that's a cool tv guide ya got going? that was alot of boxes to make. it is a little jumpy, if you want to perfect it. I really, really wanted a channel button to go back

wyatt said...

yeah man! pretty cool, be awesome if you had channels that played random shit.

Qaaim said...

I got around to playing this at 6 this morning and I love the television guide. Now I just want you to add in different screens from those channels to your piece...but it may defeat the purpose.

DaKoda Davis said...

A way better improvement from last week. I love how you added the color bars and the tv guide. The only thing i might add is random props. Where its the same thing but maybe there is a hat or a vase in something. This can be very successful if it is subtle. Good Job