Monday, October 13, 2008

Revisions and Video Expierement

First off... my video expierement.....


.....complete with old-school rabbit ears.

This experiment was inspired by my own issues with post-2003 television... namely that while most mainstream television shows, while being interesting for a moment, are ultimately copies of one another and genuinely uninspired. Seeing a camera's portrayal on one's reality may seem interesting at first, but as the individual flips through the channels, the user becomes ultimately bored turns off the tv.

...For the record, i do enjoy quite a few shows nowadays. However, this experiment reflects my own opinions.  What is your opinion of television nowadays?

------
Here is all of my revised work.  Revisions to each work of art will be displayed below the image to the work itself:


Digiscape Image:  Updated image to incorporate elements from my final digiscape.


Digiscape Project (Counts as 2 assignments. The original, then the update with full tweens, timeline effects, etc):  Fixed some timeline issues that created conflicts with the simulation of depth and seamlessness in the animation.


Ghost FPS:  Fixed a bug that made ghosts stop moving once killed.


Ghost Hunt : (previously revised outside class on another blog post):  Fixed an error that broke t the game mechanics, rendering the scoring system, level progression, and ultimately, the game, unplayable.

Bird Demo: Fixed a bug that makes the bird well when being fed a mosquito AFTER it already passes out. Now it can only be revived via a Med Pack.


Character Creation Utility: Reinforced my original concept and added a button that lets one print one's creation.

...Questions? Comments?

7 comments:

Qaaim said...

I really appreciate the difficulty shift. I need to pick your brain about your television turning off and on. It might be because you have two different buttons for it while I simply tried to make just one button control both functions. Hit me up about that idea.

Ms. Singleton said...

I like the fact that you have a game over moment! What code did you use for that? I Get the first aid kit now. Tv is cool, we all could of step away from the tv idea i supose.

anthoneycarter said...

all of these are really good man. i like the TV one too. the fact that i'm on every channel is kind of creepy though.

Anonymous said...

The static between channels of the tv turned out really well. Having other video clips on channels might be a nice touch.

ericHUBER said...

cool tv screen.

The Im on every channel adds some humor to it..
But you could make other things happen on other channels...etc...

DaKoda Davis said...

I really like the incorporation of the ghost hunt. I think its a lot more interesting than before. If you have time, maybe incorporate other levels. I must say its a nice touch especially approaching halloween and all. On a serious note, I like the TV piece, I think maybe incorporating some other animations or clips from other video feed could be interesting. The function on your midterm to be able to print out is a nice element. I printed my little robot the other day. Nice work man.

wyatt said...

nice work. the tv works but maybe do something bat shit crazy with it, have it overload and blow up or have a remote that does stuff..