Thursday, September 11, 2008

(Assignment Write Up:) Animated Digiscape; Iteration 1.



The Digiscape:  A work in progress.

In the first iteration of my digiscape I have animated each row of "land and air locations" on the screen. Each row is animated to scroll at different speeds, simulating the constant movement of information across an infinite sea of data.  To animate the data, I have incorporated different techniques , including motion tweens, nested animations, easing in and out, timing, and motion tracking. Scale, color, and rotation tweens were used when working on the grid.

I had a moment where i was wondering how i wanted the rows of information to spawn.  I played with masks, scale and constrain tweens, but none gave the effect of the creation of information across both planes as well as nested alpha tweens.  I saved a copy of my animation "labeled: backup" just in case i had such a moment of indecisiveness so i could go back, and work a different method out.  This weekend, i will need to animate the red data that moves between each plane.  It will move vertically, tweening from green to red to blue.  I will use alpha blending so the shapes spawn out of the rows of data, fading in and out.

No comments: